Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Handy Market (a quickie)



Okay, okay, I know this is supposed to be a lunch blog and, to be fair, I did have an Italian sub f/ their deli (which was good), but this post is more about their meat selection. Holy Hell, this place is AWESOME. While I was standing around waiting for my sandwich, I became completely mesmerized by the mountains of meat they had on display. Good stuff too. No, most likely GREAT stuff. And at great prices. 85/15 ground beef for $3.99/lb. 93/7 for $4.99/lb. Sweet t-bones, porterhouse, & new york steaks all for around $10/lb. All USDA Choice (no prime that I saw, but I'll ask about it next time I'm in there). Best of all - this week's special - GIGANTIC really well-marbled Spencer ribeye for $6.99/lb! And these things really were huge. Like, solid 3" cuts. You can't get this stuff at Vons. Hell, you can barely get it at Whole Foods or Bristol Farms (where it's way more $$$).
Next time I'm in there for a lunch, I plan on grabbing a couple steaks, tossing them in the freezer at work for the afternoon, and drivin' em home to the cozy warmth of the grill.
So, go for the decent sandwiches and, while you're there, pick up some steaks for dinner. Methinks you won't be sorry.



Apparently, they also have a BBQ in the parking lot on Saturdays. I try my hardest not to be up here on the weekends, so I'll probably never experience it. It gets rave reviews though. Check it out & let us know what you think!

Also - I didn't intend on turning this into any kind of post today, so I didn't have my camera (and I'd left my phone at the office). The pics on here were lifted f/ their website.

Info:
2514 West Magnolia Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91505-3029
(818) 848-2500
Open Daily 7:30am-8:30pm
http://www.burbankshandymarket.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment