Wednesday, December 1, 2010

quick bite- empire center

At first it was my fault that our latest blog entry is not posted. Now it is Cory's fault. I guess I was trying to steal his thunder in the flake department, but he has prevailed. He will blame it on work- but it was my turn to write so his little part will take like 5 min. COME ON MAN! Hopefully that is coming soon. God only ONE post in November? That is shameful. Please tell Cory how disappointed you are in him.

In the meantime (which I hope is just until tomorrow) I thought I'd post a 'quick bite' here complete with crappy phone photos. Many of my lunches are dedicated to errands since I have pretty much no time otherwise to do them. Today I needed to go to Target to look for an electric blankEYYYYY. And get some face wash. In case you were wondering. Obviously I am not going to eat at the food place inside Target- and I didn't have time to go on a whole 'nutha adventure for food (even though what I really wanted was a field green salad from Trader Joes!!!) so I decided I must find something edible in the center.

Over by BevMo there is a place called Daphne's Greek Cafe so I ran in there. I got a grilled Chicken pita. It had lettuce and tomatoes and grilled chicken in it- hold the onions.



The pluses:
- it was fast
- the girl I ordered from was nice
- the calories are all listed next to the food items (i don't care but i should- maybe you are more conscious of what you eat and this will appeal to you)
- the chicken was tender & well seasoned
- there is an interesting feature on the soda fountain in there where you can add cherry, vanilla or orange to your coke or sprite or whatever. I didn't get one but- seems cool.
- there is plenty of seating indoor and out



I went and sat outside and jammed that puppy down the hatch. Not AMAZING. The tzatziki was not as sour as I like and too thick. But they don't FORCE you to put in on your stuff (and if you are counting those calories, you'd be better skipping it). I liked my gyro from Norm's better, but it's totally edible- fast to eat- and I didn't feel yucky afterward. Most importantly, I was able to do my errands without feeling like I was going to faint. It is a totally reasonable quick bite if you are in need of some nourishment while shopping at Empire Center.

This gets a quick bite approval. By me. Which is very fancy and super official!

No comments:

Post a Comment